Shree Devi Institute of Technology Mangalore has successfully placed all eligible interested candidates of Engineering, MBA and MCA for the year 2017 through the ongoing campus placements. In the year 2017 – 452 + offer letters were given to our students with most of the eligible students being successfully placed in various reputed companies.
The academic excellence at Shree Devi Institute Technology is reflected in its student’s exemplary record in campus placements in the corporate and engineering sectors. Shree Devi Institute Technology has consistently maintained an excellent recruitment record. The graduates and post- graduates of Shree Devi Institute Technology have been recruited by leading Indian companies.
On an average 90 – 95% of eligible final year students are placed through campus placements in the last 3 years. Infosys, Techgini, Mobinious, Tech Mahindra, IBM, EMC square, Birla soft, SLK Software,Vectra Geospatial India Private Limited, Spintech, Sutherland, Sogefi MNR Engine Systems India, Polycab Wires Private Limited, Packt publishing, RMC Readymix India, Foradian Technologies, Codilar, Digicall Teleservices, Diya Systems, Cactus Communications, Ankur Lamps and Lightings, Unikaihatsu Software, Advance Infratructure, GICE, Hinduja Global Solutions Limited, ICICI Bank, TVM Signalling and Transportation Systems, Sankalp Semiconductor Pvt Limited, 42 Hertz Private Limited, FACE, PEOL, Mphasis, Trigent Software, Airtel, Compasites, Candence, Collabera, Ericsson, Qspider, SmartDV, Tayana Software, Solvers India, Vantage Agora, Tetherfi Technologies Pvt Ltd, Artech, CMS IT, VIT Infotech, HCL Technologies, Span Infortech, Accord Systems etc are among the many companies in which are students have been successfully placed.
Placements in Shree Devi Institute of Technology begins in the seventh semester. Several efforts to keep the final year students updated on industry requirements, prepare them for enhancing their employability has been made during the year. Students have attended on campus as well as pool campus interviews and have been placed in reputed companies. This year’s placement witnessed healthy participation, ensuring plenty of opportunities for the candidates to pursue their career in the field of their preference.
Shree Institute of Technology can justifiably look back at its placement record in recent years with a sense of deep satisfaction. The students have validated the trust placed in them by the institution and recruiters as evidenced by the feedback received from the recruiters. We are encouraged to see many companies revert to us time and again for recruitment. This enhances our faith in ourselves and the academic input provided at Shree Devi Institute of Technology.
We are actively involved in conducting pool campus drives that include various other engineering colleges from the Mangalore region.
The Placement and Training Department cell has set up all the required facilities for the conduction of the recruitment process such as seminar hall for company presentations, group discussion rooms and conferencing facilities, interview and Discussion rooms.
• To assist the development of graduates with balanced set of technical skills, interpersonal skills and with a positive attitude to life.
• To act as a nodal agency in the Institution for forging technology alliance between the Departments of Shree Devi Institute Technology and various Industries.
• To provide quality technical manpower to suit every organizational need.
The Department of Placement & Training is recognized for its ability to plan and implement value added programs such as the PDP programs, Technology Training Programs and Bridge Courses in the areas of interest and requirements for the industry. This adds to the credentials of the students and builds the quality of the engineering professionals from the college.
Placement and Training Department are also providing the necessary Pre-Placement Training for the pre-final year students in the form of Pre-Placement talks arranged of various industries / corporate, training from the seniors on nature of the written test being imparted and process of interview of different industries. The Placement Department also regularly organizes talks from various professionals from different universities for pursuing higher education abroad and talks from trainers for undertaking competitive exams like CAT, GMAT, and Aptitude etc.
• Pre placement training for final year students on Aptitude, logical skills and facing interviews are provided by specialized trainers.
• Aptitude, technical and communication training for 2nd and 3rd year students conducted by the placement department.
• Placement department also assists the students in internship for their projects.
• Conducting Mock interviews before the drive for our students by experts.
• Conducting Placement Talks by Resource Persons
Industrial Training Facilities
College also provides early industrial exposure for our students by organizing industrial visits. Students of second, third and final year are encouraged to have as much exposure as is possible to various industries and are assisted to undergo vocational training to gain competence by relating theory to practical.
• To develop the Department of Placement & Training as a single window nodal point for career counselling and Higher learning in Engineering & Technology fields
• To set up the Training Infrastructure for conducting value added training programs and enhance the employability of students
• To institute the best practices in conducting and co-coordinating the campus placement process for the industries in the institution
• To build up a computerized database of students of all the branches with a view to serve the industries requirement in a queue response mode.